the one about taking time...

posted on: Wednesday, August 15, 2012


Since moving and having the baby I have found it hard to do just about everything. Simple tasks like making dinner, washing laundry, and even working seemed so irrelevant. So after weeks of sitting around and complaining about how mundane my life had become I finally started creating again.

I realized that I spent so much time on the computer reading blog after blog comparing my so called "mundane" life to everyone else's perfect lives that I was beginning to lose myself in a fake reality. Oh I knew deep down that what may be portrayed as perfect on a computer screen was probably as far from perfect as my own life. So I put the computer away, spent more time with my kids, went to visit my sister, started making dinner, did all our laundry, and I even read a book. A real bonafide book full of lovely characters and a nail-biting details. Then I started working again. New headbands have been created, glue guns has been making their magic, and my sewing machine has been softly humming to me everyday. All these small changes culminated into a large spot being filled. 

Creativity has become my saving grace. Thanks for being patient. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're starting to get back to you. I was thinking of you on my honeymoon. I realize that sounds creepy, lol, but that's not how I mean it. We went camping in Yellowstone and stopped at several towns around the area. I loved them! They made me think of the post you wrote about some small town in MT but I couldn't remember which one it was. Less creepy, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently stopped following a bunch of blogs because, well, I was just spending too much time online reading them! It's so liberating :) Glad you're getting back into the creative spirit-I've missed your crafts!

    ReplyDelete

Spunky Junky All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger